Thank you for visiting!
My purpose at The Essential Mother and my reader email updates is to encourage women in all walks of life to pursue healing in the midst of their busy lives; to learn to thrive under difficult circumstances or chronic illness; and to teach their families to adopt healthy habits - mind, body and soul.
I do not charge readers for the information provided here and via email, but the content you see is the fruit of many hours of time on my part and also some expense. Because of that, I do periodically accept payment from some companies whose products or services I can honestly recommend. I do my best to incorporate these in a way that is as useful and unobtrusive as possible to you.
I may occasionally accept advertising. Most often, I participate in affiliate programs which provide a percentage of a sale when a reader purchases through my links.
I am selective with what I promote and link. I will not recommend something to you that I have not happily used or purchased for myself. This website exists to support the reader and also my family. I approach this effort with honesty and integrity.
What I do and don't promote
I realize that some people will buy something simply on my recommendation (I do the same with my favorite sites!) and I take that responsibility very seriously. If I don't like it, I won't recommend it.
- Most of what I recommend I have purchased for myself and simply want to share with you.
- I will sometimes promote a product that I have used and like but didn't personally pay for. These may have been gifts from family members, items given to me to review, or something I have borrowed (such as a book)
- Occasionally, I will share a product or event which looks like it has value to my readers and is free.
- I may promote services or products which I have paid for in the past.
- I may also promote something which I have not used but which came recommended by someone I trust. One example of this might be a newly published book by an author that I love.
- I am a very happy Wellness Advocate for doTERRA and do link to their products and receive commission for items purchased. I would share their beautiful products even if I was not compensated.
What is an affiliate link?
You will find the words affiliate link or referral link used regularly throughout this website and the email newsletter. The FTC requires that disclosures like this are made in internet communications in the United States. The purpose is to let the reader know that I will receive a small commission if you purchase something through an affiliate link. This costs you nothing. But it does help provide for my growing family and keeps this site running! I am so grateful to you for all of your support.
Legal Extras (just to make sure everything is covered)
I am the author, editor, and owner of this personal blog and may accept forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions, or other forms of compensation.
The compensation received may influence the content, topics, or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising, or post may not always be identified as sponsored or paid.
The owner of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites, and various other topics. Even though I receive compensation for posts or ads, I always give honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views expressed on this site are my own. Any product, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party in question.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.